Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Father/Son Camp-out

Our children attend the Christian Academy of Guatemala which is a school geared toward missionary children. The ruling at the school is that over 65% of the student population has to be children of missionaries living and working in Guatemala. The other 35% are either Guatemalan or Korean. 
One of the neat activities that the school sponsors is the annual father/son camp out for kindergarten to grade 8. All the fathers who have sons in this age group can come to school and pitch a tent and spend a night "camping" with his son(s). 
Last Friday and Saturday we had the camp out. It started on Friday afternoon at 4:00 and ended Saturday morning at 11:00. We set up our tents on the lawn of the school and spent the afternoon, evening, and morning playing games (dodge ball, capture the flag, soccer, etc) and devotional time. It is always special to be able to spend one on one time with the boys. 
One of the neat things this year is that the Korean fathers had a cook out of their own.  However, they shared their food and drinks with anyone who wanted some.